Thursday, September 17, 2009

On the Mend

I have been down a little longer than I had expected following my hernia repair surgery. Everything went well. As I am high-risk, having Antiphospholipid Syndrome and a history of blood clots in my brain, they took every precaution imaginable. I am still on the mend, and not yet 100%. Sleeping in my own bed, instead of the rocker in the living room, was a PAINFUL but special treat the last two nights.

Joe was kind enough to share his stomach flu with me, so needless to say those stomach muscles are especially sore this morning. I may end up in the ol' rocker tonight.

This experience has really brought to light the amount of necessary daily maintenance that I do to keep things going here. Well, at least in the yard and kitchen. Because we have no irrigation/sprinkler system, I must water our few precious plants by hand. Thankfully the weather has cooled a tiny bit, and so nothing has died on the days the boys have forgotten to do this for me. Carrying that water can back and forth is my exercise most days. With so few plants growing right now, I have the time to water and tend by hand. Realistically, I won't be able to do this once we have the garden and edible landscaping in.

The Landscape Design class taught by 'Mojave' Mel Hengen at the extension unit will cover irrigation (week 8 I think). I can't wait to get that far. Knowing that my plants are getting the necessary water, even when I am sick or recovering from whatever, will give me so much piece of mind.

Thanks for all of your support and interest! I wish you and your families blessings and love.

Best regards,

Mojave Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment